Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Car Rental

I always make several rental car reservations before I finally settle on a price and vehicle we can live with. Mistakes over the years have taught me that cheapest is not always best, or even satisfactory, so I try to "do the right thing". After much wasted time waiting for shuttles to an off-airport car rental location, we decided the on-airport choice is preferable, if at all possible.

Last week I realized that I had inadvertently booked a car offsite so I scrambled to find a "major brand" vehicle. I got a prepaid Budget car (with refund less $10 in the event of cancellation), and figured $191, including taxes, was an OK price to pay.

We took the "blue train" at SFO and the rental process was smooth, though we ended up with a Dodge Charger instead of the Chevy Impala Bob had expected. Fortunately, he likes the car but it needs his kind of wash so I suppose we'll have to find a good "do it yourself" car wash sometime in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment